The tips below will come in handy, especially if you are a first time customer. As always, if you have any questions, our Manager can be reached at (585) 349-3899.
- If you are worried about your things freezing or getting too hot choose a Climate Controlled unit.
- Pack your goods in cardboard boxes, rubber bins or plastic totes. Label every box, on multiple sides for easy identification.
- Determine the type of packing accessories you need to assure the safe storage of your things. Packing peanuts in boxes of breakables. Wrap delicate items in bubble wrap. Use furniture covers for tables, chairs and bedroom furniture. Try a wooden pallet for things you don't want touching the floor.
- While placing your storage into the unit, store fragile items on top and make room for easy access if needed.
- Store the articles you need to access the most often up front by the unit’s door. For example will you need to retrieve your ski equipment or that large extra bucket of salt this winter?
- If you are storing appliances such as refrigerator, stoves, microwaves, etc., please make sure they are carefully cleaned and dry.
- Never store food, or any dangerous material.
- If you are storing books and office files, place them upon a shelf or wooded pallet to avoid concrete moisture absorptions. Make sure the boxes are sealed tight to avoid dust entering them.
- If you are storing mirrors, glass, windows, or screens, store them on their edges, not flat.
- If you are storing furniture, cover with a dust cover or bed sheet.
- Finally, always use a secure lock for your storage. We recommend disc locks for your protection. They are extremely hard to get into without the key.
Greece Ridge Mini Storage - 4675 Ridge Road West - Spencerport, NY 14559 - (585) 349-3899